Don’t you just hate it when a bad character ruins a perfectly good movie? We’re ranking the worst sci-fi characters in film and TV history. While the series may have been great, these characters have made us all want to throw things at the screen at one point or another. From Jar Jar Binks to Ruby Rhod, some seriously great sci-fi films have added some bafflingly bad characters. Which sci-fi character do you think is the absolute worst?
Whether you think Bella Swan is more annoying than Dawn Summer, Howard the Duck is worse than Wicket W. Warwick, or George McFly is more cringeworthy than that one computer programmer from Jurassic Park, make your voice heard below.
Vote up the worst sci-fi characters and add your own if they’re missing from the list.
- Photo: 20th Century FoxJar Jar Binks is a fictional character from the Star Wars saga created by George Lucas. A major character in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, he also has a smaller role in Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and a one-line cameo in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, as well as a role in the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The first fully-computer generated character in a live-action film, he has been portrayed by Ahmed Best in most of his appearances. Jar Jar's primary role in Episode I was to provide comic relief for the audience. He was met with overwhelming dislike from both critics and audiences, and is recognized as one of the most hated characters in Star Wars and... more
4521Are they the worst?
- Appears In: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, The People vs. George Lucas, Star Wars
- Played By: Ahmed Best
- Photo: Summit EntertainmentIsabella Marie "Bella" Swan is a character and the protagonist of the Twilight series, written by Stephenie Meyer. The Twilight series, consisting of the novels Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, is primarily narrated from Bella's point of view. In the film series, Bella is portrayed by actress Kristen Stewart. In Twilight, Bella moves to her father's home in Forks, Washington, meets the mysterious Cullen family, and falls in love with Edward Cullen. However, she soon discovers that the family is a coven of vampires. Bella expresses a desire to become a vampire herself, against Edward's wishes. In the second novel, New Moon, Edward and the other Cullens leave Forks in an effort... more
2413Are they the worst?
- Appears In: Twilight, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, New Moon, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, Eclipse
- Played By: Kristen Stewart, Catherine Grimme
- Photo: Universal PicturesHoward the Duck is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics universe created by writer Steve Gerber and artist Val Mayerik. The character first appeared in Adventure into Fear #19 and several subsequent series have chronicled the misadventures of the ill-tempered, anthropomorphic, "funny animal" trapped on human-dominated Earth. Howard's adventures are generally social satires, while a few are parodies of genre fiction with a metafictional awareness of the medium. The book is existentialist, and its main joke, according to Gerber, is that there is no joke: "that life's most serious moments and most incredibly dumb moments are often distinguishable only by a momentary point of view." This... more
2518Are they the worst?
- Appears In: Howard the Duck, Marvel Universe
- Played By: Ed Gale, Timothy M. Rose, Chip Zien, Jordan Prentice
- Photo: CBS Television DistributionNeelix is a fictional character in the television series Star Trek: Voyager. He is played by actor Ethan Phillips.... more
2623Are they the worst?
- Appears In: Star Trek: Voyager
- Played By: Ethan Phillips