This list of the worst things about working in retail stores includes some of the awful things that happen to people employed in retail. The retail world is a tough place. Retail, for most, is not a fun job. In fact it can be down right miserable. There are many times retail employees are day dreaming about having one of these best jobs in the world or these fun jobs that pay well. Because when it comes to working retail, almost anything will make you say, "I hate working retail."Retail employees have a difficult job, and it's hard to understand if you haven't experienced it first hand. The expectations are always high and generally come from a corporate office that does not know what it is like to work on a sales floor. Not only do retail employees have to clean, stock, and maintain a store, they have to balance constant customer service, ringing a register, and some insane customers. While there are many positive things about a retail career and plenty of fun retail jobs, that's another list - this is a ranking of the worst aspects of working in stores.
Customers Who Keep Shopping Past Closing"No, please continue shopping. I love being here 45 minutes later than I should be because you want to keep looking and then spend $11."Is this the worst?
Parents Who Let Their Kids Treat the Store Like a PlaygroundVideo: YouTubeThese are the type of parents who pretend to be shocked when their kid has an accident that makes the news.Is this the worst?
People10% of customers are great people. The other 90% slowly force you to hate humanity.Is this the worst?
ClopenLeaving a closing shift and doing an opening shift the following day.Is this the worst?