Excited to finally get your hands on Microsoft's latest next-generation console? So are we. It's hard to believe the Xbox Series X is almost here, but with just a few months left until the scheduled holiday 2020 release, plus an impressive launch reveal showcase, Microsoft has been slowly trickling out new hardware stats and gameplay footage, and gamers couldn't be more hyped. The list ranks every confirmed Xbox Series X game so far, including exclusive titles, original releases, and remastered ports.
Sporting full backward compatibility with all Xbox One games (as well as most Xbox 360 and original Xbox games), the Series X is designed to give Xbox gamers more opportunities to keep playing all their favorite games. In fact, Xbox's new Smart Delivery system lets users who already own a game on Xbox One play it on the Series X for free. (Take note, Sony.)
With plenty of games already confirmed for the launch date — and loads more being announced every week — check out all the upcoming Xbox Series X games from the list below and vote up all the titles you're most excited about. And be sure to check back again as new games are announced.
- 1Cyberpunk 2077 is a role-playing video game developed and published by CD Projekt, releasing... more on Wikipedia
- 2Assassin's Creed Valhalla is an upcoming action role-playing video game developed by Ubisoft... more on Wikipedia
- 3Halo Infinite is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by 343 Industries and... more on Wikipedia
Scarlet Nexus is an upcoming action-RPG, JRPG developed and published by BANDAI NAMCO for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X, as well as later releases dates for PlayStation, PlayStation, and Microsoft Windows. The game is set in the distant future where psionics are being recruited as humanity's last and only line of defense. The game was developed by same team that created Tales of Vesperia.
Developer: IO Interactive
Genres (Video game): StealthHitman 3 (stylized as Hitman III) is an upcoming stealth game developed and published by IO... more on Wikipedia
- 6Watch Dogs: Legion is an action-adventure game played from a third-person perspective. The... more on Wikipedia
- 7Scorn is an upcoming first-person shooter horror game developed by Ebb Software for Microsoft... more on Wikipedia84
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 is an action-adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Xbox Game Studios. As the latest entry in the Hellblade series, Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 will feature advanced graphics, gameplay mechanics, and a deeper storyline. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, the first game in the series, was released in 2017. Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 is scheduled to be released short after the Xbox Series X launch.
- 9Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is presented mainly from the first-person perspective,... more on Wikipedia
The Ascent is an upcoming action-adventure RPG developed by Neon Giant and Published by Curve Digital. Set for a 2020 release, The Ascent takes place in a cyberpunk-style corporate metropolis where you play as a common worker who's been enslaved by the company. The game is can be played as both a solo and co-op RPG.
- 11Bright Memory is a first-person shooter hack and slash episodic video game developed by... more on Wikipedia
- 12Outriders is an upcoming third-person shooter developed by People Can Fly and published by... more on Wikipedia
Second Extinction is a 3 player co-op shooter developed and published by Systemic Reaction for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X. Second Extinction will fuse many different gameplay elements, including action, fps, and hack and slash. Players are tasked with wiping out mutated dinosaurs that have overrun the planet.
- 14Yakuza: Like a Dragon is the eighth installment in the Yakuza series. Featuring a new... more on Wikipedia
Gods and Monsters
Gods & Monsters is an upcoming adventure game for the PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Google Stadia, and Microsoft Windows. The game was developed by and published by Ubisoft. Set in mythological Greece, players need to solve various puzzles, conquer enemies, and display heroic feats of strength.
Developer: Torn Banner Studios
Genres (Video game): Hack and slashAs a sequel Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Chivalry 2 was announced on June 10, 2019 and expected... more on Wikipedia
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is an upcoming action-adventure game from Daedalic Entertainment. Currently slated for a 2021 release on the PS5, Xbox Series X, and Microsoft Windows, not much is known about The Lord of the Rings: Gollum.
Rainbow Six Quarantine
Set years ahead in the Rainbox Six world, Rainbow Six Quarantine is an upcoming tactical shooter for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox One. The Rainbow Operators will face off against a totally new breed of mutated alien parasite infecting human hosts and their surroundings. Rainbow Six Quarantine was developed by Ubisoft Montreal.
- 19Dirt 5 (stylized as DiRT5) is a racing video game developed and published by Codemasters. It... more on Wikipedia24
Orphan of the Machine
Orphan of the Machine is an upcoming adventure game developed by Dynamic Voltage Games. Announced as an Xbox Series X launch title, Orphan of the Machine is said to have been heavily inspired by both Metroid and Echo the Dolphin. The end result should definitely be interesting.
- 21Chorus is an upcoming action-adventure, space-combat video game developed by Fishlabs and... more on Wikipedia12
Developer: Bloober Team
Genres (Video game): Psychological horrorObserver is a psychological horror video game developed by Bloober Team and published by... more on Wikipedia
- 23WRC 9, also known as WRC 9: World Rally Championship, is the official game of the 2020 World... more on Wikipedia04
Developer: The Coalition
Genres (Video game): Third-person shooterGears 5 is a third-person shooter developed by The Coalition and published by Microsoft... more on Wikipedia
- 25The Medium is an upcoming psychological horror video game developed by Bloober Team. The... more on Wikipedia