13 Pictures of Young David Tennant
This gallery features photos of a young David Tennant, mainly from the beginnings of his career in the early 1990s before his famous role as the Tenth Doctor in Dr. Who. Born on April 18, 1971 in Bathgate, West Lothian, his father was a Reverend for the Church of Scotland and a former Moderator. His maternal great-grandparents were Protestants in County Londonderry, Ulster in Northern Ireland and were among the signatories in the 1912 Ulster Covenant. At the young age of three, David informed his family that his goal in life was to become one of the doctors on Dr. Who, but they encouraged him to pursue more of a traditional career. He attended Ralston Primary and Paisley Grammar School, where he regularly participated in theater plays. It was during these years that he was discovered by Scottish actress Edith MacArthur, who told his parents he would become a successful actor. He was accepted at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama at age 16 and landed his first role in television in the 1994 series Takin' Over the Asylum. He also played Barty Crouch Jr. in the popular Harry Potter film series. Enjoy viewing these photos of David Tennant when he was young.
1. Young David Tennant in High SchoolPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
2. Young David Tennant as a TeenagerPhoto: flickr / CC0
3. Young David Tennant in Blue Sports Coat with Crest
4. Young David Tennant in Suit and Leather Jacket
5. Young David Tennant in Blue Sports Coat and Gray Buttondown
6. Young David Tennant in Black Leather Jacket and White ButtondownPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License