Here is a gallery of photos featuring a young Jared Padalecki that date back to the beginning of his career in the late 90s and early 2000s. Photos include some from his high school days, as well as from his earliest television roles. Born on July 19, 1982 in San Antonio, Texas, Padalecki rose to fame when he was cast for a role in Gilmore Girls, followed by his role in the films New York Minute and House of War, Flight of the Phoenix, Cry Wolf, and House of Wax. Padalecki was a 2000 candidate for the Presidential Scholars Program and originally planned on attending college at the University of Texas. However, after winning the 1999 Fox Broadcasting’s “Claim to Fame Competition,” he decided to move to Los Angeles instead in order to focus on his acting career. After appearing at that year’s Teen Choice Awards, he found an agent and began landing roles. He is best known for his role in Supernatural as Sam Winchester, a monster-hunter and professional demon-ganker. On set, he met and subsequently married his co-star, Genevieve Cortese. His nickname is "Moose." Enjoy checking out these photos of young Jared Padalecki.
1. Young Jared Padalecki in Brown Coat and Black SweaterPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
2. Young Jared Padalecki in Black Leather Jacket
3. Young Jared Padalecki in Black Buttondown CloseupPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
4. Young Jared Padalecki in Gray Printed ShirtPhoto: flickr / CC0
5. Young Jared Padalecki in Red Shirt and Green Apron
6. Young Jared Padalecki in Gray Buttondown Shirt