19 Pictures of Young Mariah Carey
Here are 19 pictures of a young Mariah Carey, dating back to her late teenage years and early to mid-twenties. Mariah Carey is best known for her killer voice and beautiful looks, both of which have been with her since she was young. Born in Long Island, New York, her career officially began in 1990 after the release of her first album “Mariah Carey,” which achieved multi-platinum status. She received four consecutive number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, which lead to the release of other albums that were equally successful, including: “Emotions,” “Music Box,” “Merry Christmas” and “Daydream.” She was established as Columbia Record’s best-selling female vocalist. Carey decided to make a change from her usual R&B and pop roots with the release of “Butterfly” in 1997, which featured songs with more of a hip hop vibe. Carey decided to leave Columbia in 2000, and landed a $100 million recording deal with Virgin Records America. Her career began to decline after she suffered a nervous breakdown due to severe exhaustion in the early 2000s, but her most successful single called “We Belong Together” thrust her back into the superstar spotlight.
1. Young Mariah Carey Closeup HeadshotPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
2. Young Mariah Carey in Pink Dress Semi-CloseupPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
3. Young Mariah Carey in Black Dress
4. Young Mariah Carey in Orange Dress
5. Young Mariah Carey in Black Dress with Single Strap Closeup
6. Young Mariah Carey in White Halter SweaterPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License