This gallery features a handsome, young, Martin Sheen, including his high school yearbook photo, as well as pictures from the 1970s when his acting career first launched. Born on August 3, 1940 in Dayton, Ohio, both of his parents were immigrants. His father was from Spain and his mother was from Ireland. He is one of ten siblings and was raised in a Catholic home. He attended school at Chaminade High School. He had always expressed an interest in acting, but his father was opposed to it. Despite his father’s disapproval, Sheen borrowed money from his Catholic priest and moved to New York City in his early twenties, in hopes of making it as an actor. He was part of the Living Theater Company for two years. He has expressed that his acting style was tremendously influenced by James Dean. He has starred in notable films such as: Apocalypse Now, Badlands, Gettysburg, The Departed, as well as the hit television series The West Wing. He has won multiple awards for his performances. He is the father of actors Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez.
1. Young Martin Sheen in High SchoolPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
2. Young Martin Sheen in Gray T-Shirt
3. Young Martin Sheen in Blue Jean Jacket and JeansPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
4. Young Martin Sheen in Black Leather Jacket
5. Young Martin Sheen Sitting on Tree StumpPhoto: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY
6. Young Martin Sheen Semi-Closeup