Just when you thought you couldn't get enough of your favorite YouTube stars, they go ahead and get their own TV shows you can now catch them on. Of course, you'll still get to watch all their regular YouTube content, but now you can check out their acting chops and see if they really have what it takes to make a show. We're not talking cameos or guest appearances here, either. No, these popular YouTubers have all become stars of their own shows and YouTube Premium series. While most may be web series and other smaller shows, it's a great stride for many of them.
Always up to something awesome, Grace Helbig made her leap to TV with Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, which also stars fellow female YouTuber Hannah Hart (as Dyna Girl). Liza Koshy has also made moves, co-hosting Nickelodeon's Double Dare reboot—and it's just as entertaining as it was in '92. Other notable YouTube stars with shows include Jenn McAllister, Lisa Schwartz, Cameron Dallas, and many others—so check them out below. You may even find your new favorite show!
- Rhett James McLaughlin (born October 11, 1977) and Charles Lincoln "Link" Neal III (born June 1, 1978), better known as Rhett & Link, are an American comedy duo. Self-styled as "Internetainers" (portmanteau of "Internet" and "entertainers"), they are known for creating and hosting Good Mythical Morning. Their other notable projects include comedic songs and sketches, Independent Film Channel series Rhett & Link: Commercial Kings, and their YouTube Red series Rhett and Link's Buddy System (Season 1 and Season 2). In their 2008 documentary, Looking for Ms. Locklear, they chronicled their search for the first grade teacher in whose class they met for the first time.... more
5517Do they deserve their own show?
- Credits: Rhett and Link's Buddy System, Rhett & Link: Commercial Kings
- Colleen Mae Ballinger (born November 21, 1986) is an American YouTuber, comedian, actress, singer and writer. She is best known for her Internet character Miranda Sings, posting videos of the character on YouTube, performing her one-woman comedy act on tour in theatres worldwide, and creating a Netflix original television show based on the character. She created the comically talentless, egotistical and eccentric character to satirize the many YouTube videos featuring people singing badly in hopes of breaking into show business, but who appear unaware of their lack of talent. In her videos and stage act, the narcissistic character sings and dances badly, discusses current events that she... more
6337Do they deserve their own show?
- Credits: Haters Back Off!
- Age: 33
- Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, better known by his online alias PewDiePie, is a Swedish producer of Let's Play videos on YouTube. Since 15 August 2013, PewDiePie's channel has been the most subscribed channel on YouTube, being surpassed briefly in November and December 2013 by YouTube's Spotlight channel. Holding the position since 22 December 2013, the channel has reached over 34.8 million subscribers, as of February 2015. On 19 July 2014, the channel surpassed RihannaVEVO to become the most viewed channel of all time. Currently, the PewDiePie channel has received over 8 billion video views. Due to his popularity, PewDiePie's coverage of indie games has created an Oprah effect wherein their... more
5429Do they deserve their own show?
- Credits: Scare PewDiePie
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Elizabeth Koshy (born March 31, 1996) is an American actress, YouTube personality and comedian. She stars as Violet Adams in the Hulu original television series Freakish (2016–present). Among other roles, she played Aday Walker in Tyler Perry's horror comedy film Boo! A Madea Halloween (2016) and The Explorer in the YouTube Red original series Escape the Night (2017). She co-hosts the MTV television series Total Request Live and is set to star in and co-produce a YouTube Red series, Liza on Demand, premiering in 2018. As of March 2018, Koshy's main YouTube channel had more than 14 million subscribers and 1.5 billion views. She won two Streamy Awards and a Teen Choice Award. Koshy... more
5332Do they deserve their own show?
- Credits: Freakish, Liza on Demand, Double Dare