List of the best Zhang Ziyi movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Zhang Ziyi's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Zhang Ziyi movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Zhang Ziyi movies will be at the top of the list. Zhang Ziyi has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Zhang Ziyi movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Zhang Ziyi films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Zhang Ziyi role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Zhang Ziyi performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This list includes 2046, Purple Butterfly and more films."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Zhang Ziyi movies?" and "What are the greatest Zhang Ziyi roles of all time?"
- In 19th century Qing Dynasty China, a warrior (Chow Yun-Fat) gives his sword, Green Destiny, to his lover (Michelle Yeoh) to deliver to safe keeping, but it is stolen, and the chase is on to find it. ...more
- The Tang Dynasty is fighting to keep control over China, a battle they are losing to several rebel groups. One such group is the House of Flying Daggers, who steal from the wealthy and give to the ...more
- In the 1920s, 9-year-old Chiyo (Suzuka Ohgo) gets sold to a geisha house. There, she is forced into servitude, receiving nothing in return until the house's ruling hierarchy determines if she is of ...more
- In this visually arresting martial arts epic set in ancient China, an unnamed fighter (Jet Li) is being honored for defeating three of the king's most dangerous enemies. When Nameless recounts his ...more
- The story of the martial arts master (Tony Leung Chiu Wai) who taught the Wing Chun style of kung fu to Bruce Lee.
- City businessman Luo Yusheng returns to his home village in North China for the funeral of his father, the village teacher. Before returning to the city, Yusheng symbolically honors his father's ...more
- The Banquet, released on DVD in the United States as Legend of the Black Scorpion, is a 2006 Chinese wuxia drama film. The film was directed by Feng Xiaogang and stars Zhang Ziyi, Ge You, Daniel Wu ...more
- After an explosion at the US Embassy in Hong Kong kills two customs agents investigating currency smuggling, Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan) and James Carter (Chris Tucker) search for the mastermind. ...more
- A train in a futuristic landscape takes passengers to a place where they can recapture their memories, a place from which no one has ever returned. This is the premise of a novel by the womanizing ...more
- The Legend of Zu, also known as Zu Warriors in the United States, is a 2001 Hong Kong film produced and directed by Tsui Hark. The film starred Ekin Cheng, Louis Koo, Cecilia Cheung, Patrick Tam, ...more
- Dangerous Liaisons is a 2012 Chinese film by Hur Jin-ho loosely based on the novel with the same title by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos. The novel has been adapted numerous times, including Les Liaisons ...more
- Horsemen is a 2009 American psychological thriller film directed by Jonas Åkerlund and starring Dennis Quaid and Zhang Ziyi. It follows Aidan Breslin a bitter and emotionally distracted detective who ...more
- My Wife is a Gangster 2: The Return Fable is a 2003 South Korean film directed by Jeong Heong-sun, and a sequel to the 2001 film. After losing her memories from a fight, former gang leader (Shin ...more
- Purple Butterfly is a 2003 Chinese film, directed by Lou Ye. It is Lou's third film after Weekend Lover and Suzhou River. It stars Chinese mainland actors, Zhang Ziyi, Liu Ye and Li Bingbing, as well ...more
- In 1375, when a group of Korean diplomats arrive in a politically fraught China, they are quickly denounced as spies, banished to an isolated desert and left for dead. As they forge their way home, ...more
- Princess Raccoon is a 2005 Japanese film directed by Seijun Suzuki. The "raccoon" of the English title is actually a translation for the tanuki. It is a love story set in the musical genre and stars ...more
- Sophie's Revenge is a 2009 Chinese-Korean film starring Zhang Ziyi, So Ji-sub, Fan Bingbing, Ruby Lin, Peter Ho, and Yao Chen. This movie is a co-production between Beijing Perfect World Co. with ...more
- Splinter, the rat sensei, senses something amiss in New York City. His disciples, Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo have grown apart since their last adventure. The teenage terrapins must ...more
- The Founding of a Republic is a 2009 Chinese historical film commissioned by China's film regulator and made by the state-owned China Film Group to mark the 60th anniversary of the People's Republic ...more
- Forever Enthralled is a Chinese biographical film directed by Chen Kaige; the film marks Chen's eleventh feature film as a director. Forever Enthralled follows the life of Mei Lanfang, one of China's ...more
- Love for Life, also known as Life Is a Miracle, Til Death Do Us Part and Love for Live, is a 2011 film directed by Gu Changwei. This is Gu's third film as director after a lengthy career as a ...more
- Jasmine Women is a 2004 film, adapted from Su Tong's novel called Funü Shenghuo which means Women's Lives. It is directed by Hou Yong, formerly a well known cinematographer. Zhang Ziyi plays the ...more
- Ultimate Fights is a 2002 Flixmix fight scenes compilatio, with footages from Rumble In The Bronx, Gladiator, Fists of Legend, Black Mask, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and others.
- Touching Starlight is a 1996 Chinese film made for television. It was the first film to star Zhang Ziyi. It was made for Chinese television on a low budget and was later released on Video CD without ...more