Augusta Military Academy

Augusta Military Academy

The Augusta Military Academy was a secondary education military academy in Fort Defiance, Augusta County, Virginia, USA. The school was established in 1865 by Confederate Veteran Charles Roller as the Augusta Male Academy and formally became a military academy in 1880. It combined classical studies with a military curriculum and was officially named Augusta Military Academy in 1890. At the time, it was one of the first military preparatory schools in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It was among one of the first such schools in the United States to adopt the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps program in 1919. Until its closure in 1984, the Academy had attracted over 7,000 students ... more on Wikipedia

Augusta Military Academy is also found on...

Famous Gothic Architecture Buildings